Why Upper Cervical?
The number one priority of our office is to give you an “EDGE” in your health and put you on a path to do things that matter the most in life!… i.e. Spending productive time with family & friends, productive work days, optimal workouts, and above all, being the best version of yourself!
THE “WHY” BEHIND UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC?
Think of the upper cervical area, where the brainstem is, as your Fuse Box or Circuit Breaker.
The top vertebra in your spinal column (the upper part of your neck, also known as the craniocervical junction or the upper cervical spine) is known as C-1 or Atlas. This ring-like bone is a critical gateway to the head and brain. Every single thing in your body is run from control centers that are located in this upper part of the neck. It is a never ending cycle where everything starts as a signal from the brain and goes out through the brainstem, spinal cord, out to every organ, tissue, and cell in the body, and immediately goes back to the brain.
When there is a structural problem (i.e. due to an old injury) in the upper cervical area, this
chokes off the brain from the rest of the body. Those signals get distorted, damaged, or cut-off all together coming out and going to different parts of the body and returning to the brain. This distorted communication (like a bad cell phone connection) produces a body that can no longer function the way it was designed to. Think “Garbage-In, Garbage-Out.”
What can this create since the brain is the “master computer” and is sending out signals that control everything that we do? ANYTHING! If the connection between the brain & body is compromised, it is just a matter of time. It is not a question of IF you are going to have any problems, but WHEN will your symptoms show up eventually?
Do you remember Christopher Reeve (“Superman”)? Superman had a severe injury to his upper cervical spine which resulted in a 100% loss of function from that area. His brain was completely disconnected from the rest of his body. When you have an upper cervical displacement, you are not losing 100% of the function, but you will have compromised function. You may be losing 30%, 50%, etc. or more of the function of your body. At Health Edge, our goal is to get you as close to 100% as possible.
Dr. Armen Manoucherian is one of the elite providers in all of Southern California in the upper cervical chiropractic approach. What does that mean for you as the patient?
- Non-Invasive, Drug-Free, and Gentle (low force) & Safe Spinal Corrections – No forceful twisting, popping, cracking manipulations.
- Objective Measurements (Pre & Post Changes) – We use state of the art, specific structural digital X-rays as well as precise 3D structural analysis of the entire spine using the “Posture IQ” instrument in order for you to see and feel the difference.
- Corrections that Last – We do not want to adjust you over and over again. Instead, we want to provide you with the best corrections that will ultimately last for long periods of time.
- Transparency – No word games about your insurance coverage. Just honest and up front answers about your care, your results, and your dollars. We work for you, not your insurance company.
- No Gimmicks or Year Long Commitments. Our absolute commitment and goal is to provide you with the best possible corrections, and once the “foundation” has been corrected (similar to building a new house and starting from scratch), then we will teach you how to keep it that way through customized recommendations designed for your spine, so that the problem doesn’t come back.
With upper cervical chiropractic, our objective is not to use subjective measurements like “feel or touch” to determine how to take care of you. Instead, we take a structural & engineering approach to the spine to not only help you feel better, but also we want to SEE evidence that your spine has changed & improved for the better.
Of course, upper cervical chiropractic is not for everyone. However, if you are tired of constantly patching the problem and are looking for a long term solution that you can both feel AND see for yourself, then Health Edge is the right place for you.