Seizures can be a difficult condition to control and may affect quality of life when it comes to everything from driving to being able to enjoy certain forms of entertainment. Frequent seizures may lead to a diagnosis of epilepsy. There are many different types of seizures including:
- Grand Mal – Characterized by convulsions, loss of consciousness, and muscle rigidity
- Absence – Consciousness is only lost briefly
- Atonic – Resulting in muscle tone loss
- Tonic – Resulting in rigidity and stiffness of muscles
- Clonic – jerking movements, experienced repetitively
- Myoclonic – jerking movements, experienced sporadically
According to the CDC, as much as 10% of people will experience at least one seizure, and up to 3% of people will receive a diagnosis of epilepsy. More than half of people who experience a seizure will have another one at some point.
Seizure treatment options are always changing. It can be difficult for healthcare providers to decide if anti-seizure medications should be started after just on occurrence since many never experience a seizure again, and medication side effects are many.
A Natural Alternative for Seizure Sufferers
The atlas plays a vital role when it comes to the central nervous system and communication between the brain and the rest of the body. A misalignment can result in restricted blood and cerebrospinal fluid flow to the brain as well as pressure on the brainstem. A clinical study revealed that upper cervical chiropractic provided long-term benefits for seizures.
At Health Edge Family Spinal Care, we use the NUCCA technique to detect and correct atlas misalignments. This specific technique allows proper communication and fluid flow to take place, allowing to body to experience restored nervous system function.
If you are looking for a natural and drug-free alternative, give us a call to learn more about what NUCCA may be able to do for you.
- Epilepsy fast facts [Internet]. Atlanta: Center for Disease Control and Prevention; 2010 [updated 1 June 2010; cited 3 March 2012]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/basics/fast_facts.htm
- Wanjek C. New Advice on What To Do About Seizures. http://www.livescience.com/50538-seizures-epilepsy-guidelines.html (accessed 15 May 2015).
- Komarek AJ, Tedder A, Tedder N. Cessation of Seizures, Behavioral Disturbances and Improvement in Cognitive Developmental Delay Following Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care in a 2 Year Old: A Case Report. J Upper Cervical Chiropr Res 2015; 2015;2(2):14-18.
To schedule your NUCCA evaluation, just click the button below:
Want to hear from real people like you? Check out our patient success stories.
Dr. Armen Manoucherian of Health Edge Family Spinal Care in Glendale, California is a Glendale Chiropractor and Upper Cervical Specialist trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). He has helped many children and adults find natural relief in Glendale, California. His upper cervical clinic also serves the communities of Pasadena, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Burbank. He is uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on his website at https://www.healthedgela.com