Having chronic neck pain can be quite annoying and sometimes is accompanied by popping or cracking. However, one may wonder whether or not it is really a serious thing that needs to be dealt with or will it eventually go away on its own?
By looking at the latest research, it is easy to see that problems in the neck actually can affect a number of other things in the body. In fact, they can lead to such things as fibromyalgia, migraines, multiple sclerosis, and chronic fatigue, among other serious health complications.
Thanks to modern technology, we are now able to take a deeper look at what is really going on in the body. Here are some things that have recently been learned regarding neck pain:
- The C1 or atlas vertebrae can become easily misaligned. This misalignment, also called subluxation, can cause abnormal blood flow to and from the brain and the body.
- The central nervous system is affected by this kind of subluxation. This means that the brain is not functioning at its peak when it comes to neurological processes.
- The above-mentioned problems can cause the brain to feel pain to a more intense level or even when there is actually no pain.
What does this all mean? Well, for one thing, the pain a person experiences in his neck may be affecting the entire body. Therefore, it is vital to get this pain evaluated and resolved so as to be as healthy as possible. How can this be done?
An Alternative to Living with Neck Pain
Upper cervical chiropractors are specifically trained to find subluxations in the upper neck using advanced methods. We specialize in the spine and making sure the nervous system is working properly. When we find a subluxation in one of our patients, we use a measured, custom adjustment for that individual. We only give this when absolutely needed. It is a gentle method that does not involve cracking or popping of the neck. Once properly aligned, the body can begin healing and functioning at its best.
- Damadian RV, Chu D. The possible role of cranio-cervical trauma and abnormal CSF hydrodynamics in the genesis of multiple Sclerosis. Physiol Chem Phys. 2011; 41:1-17
- Abeles A, Pillinger M, Solitar B, Abeles M. Narrative review: The pathophysiology of fibromyalgia. Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146:726-734.
- Ceko M, Bushnell MC, Gracely RH. Neurobiology underlying fibromyalgia symptoms. Pain Res Treat. 2012; 585419:1-8.
- Grostic JD, Dentate ligament-cord distortion hypothesis. CRJ 1988; 1(1):47-55
To schedule your NUCCA evaluation, just click the button below:
Want to hear from real people like you? Check out our patient success stories.
Dr. Armen Manoucherian of Health Edge Family Spinal Care in Glendale, California is a Glendale Chiropractor and Upper Cervical Specialist trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). He has helped many children and adults find natural relief in Glendale, California. His upper cervical clinic also serves the communities of Pasadena, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Burbank. He is uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on his website at https://www.healthedgela.com