Neck Pain, Neck Ache, Sore Neck, Muscle Ache, Neck Pain ReliefAt one time or other, a person may suffer from neck pain and not really be sure what brought it on. Common activities can actually aggravate neck pain. Let’s examine what some of these might be, so that those experiencing pain can understand where it is coming from and what to do about it.
The following is a list of actions that people may take part in on a regular basis and not realize they are the cause of neck pain.
- Sleeping wrong. Examples are using a pillow that keeps your head flat or too high and sleeping on your stomach with your head turned in one direction.
- Stretching your neck and keeping it in one spot for an extended period of time. For example, looking over someone’s head at a movie theater or keeping the phone between your ear and shoulder while talking.
- Keeping your head on your upright fist or arm for a length of time.
- Tension in your neck and shoulder muscles due to stress or focusing on one thing for too long.
- Activities that use the upper part of your body, such as painting a ceiling, playing tennis, or any work performed over your head.
The reason that these things can cause neck pain has to do with repetitive movements and over-extending the muscles of your neck. Ligaments can become injured, sprained, or have spasms as a result.
If a person is already experiencing neck pain, what can they do? The first step would be to visit an upper cervical chiropractor. We are specially trained to find the source of neck pain. Many times it is linked to a misalignment of only ¼ of a millimeter in the upper part of the neck. The upper two vertebrae of the neck are especially susceptible to injury and misalignments. When this occurs, pressure is exerted on the brainstem that can hinder communication to and from the brain and the body. This can lead to a variety of health conditions. By seeking our care, a person can get the misalignment corrected and hopefully go on living a happy and pain-free life.
To schedule your NUCCA evaluation, just click the button below:
Want to hear from real people like you? Check out our patient success stories.
Dr. Armen Manoucherian of Health Edge Family Spinal Care in Glendale, California is a Glendale Chiropractor and Upper Cervical Specialist trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). He has helped many children and adults find natural relief in Glendale, California. His upper cervical clinic also serves the communities of Pasadena, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Burbank. He is uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on his website at http://www.healthedgela.com